Google Search

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Interview With TIESTO

How do you feel that DJing and producing has changed over the last few years?
Technology has completely changed producing tracks and has made it much easier especially for collaborations. I can put together part of a track, send it over to someone to take a look at, they can add to it and send it back to me, and this can all be done almost instantly. I can also produce wherever I am in the world, which makes the balance of making music and touring a lot easier than ever. DJing has also changed a huge amount due to technology. You are no longer restricted by vinyl in the same way. It gives DJs more of an opportunity than ever to really create a sound that is distinctly theirs.



What was your favourite memory of 2011 and what do you have planned for 2012?

Ending my college tour making history at the Home Depot Center by playing the largest single DJ headlined show had to be my favorite. 2012 has already been a huge year for me, but there's a lot more still to come! I have my headphone range with AKG launching at the end of June, and my new album Club Life Volume Two Miami has just launched. Im really proud how it has turned out! You'll have to wait to see what else I have coming!

When we have listen to your mix CDs in the past, we feel you take us on an electronic music journey. How did you put together the track selection for Club Life Volume Two Miami?
I tried to find tracks that both represented what kind of songs I'm playing in the clubs these days and also songs that epitomize the city of Miami. Miami is a glamorous city with high energy and passion, and I made and picked songs that I felt fit these same aspects of Miami.

Aside from your DJ equipment, name your top three touring essentials please.
My AKG headphones of course, some really good earplugs so I don't go deaf, and some vitamins to help me stay fit and healthy!

What is the weirdest thing that you’ve seen from the DJ booth?
There have been many odd sights over the years, many that you probably wouldn't be able to print. It isn't unusual to have women throw their underwear on stage though! Joking aside, my fans always show a lot of passion for me and my music and I'm really grateful for that.

Do you have any pre gig rituals?
I like to get to the show some time before to hear what the openers are playing and how the crowd is reacting and I definitely like to have some down time to plan my set through a little.

Who in your opinion are the best up-and-coming producers at this moment?
There are so many out there to be honest. At the moment, Tommy Trash is doing awesome things, both as a DJ, personality and producer. I'm hoping to have some time in the studio in the near future to work on a new track.

If you weren’t a DJ/Producer, what would you be doing?
I would be working somewhere in the music or maybe fashion worlds, I love them both too much not to be involved with in some way.

You have already achieved so much in your career, are there still some things that you would still like to achieve?
There's always more I'd like to achieve, like collaborating with some of my favourite artists, or bringing my show to more people than ever.by hkclubbing.com

No comments:

Post a Comment