Google Search

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Magnetic Man - Skrillex And Mumford & Sons Are The Artists Of This Generation

Magnetic Man's Benga told NME that Skrillex, Mumford & Sons and he and his bandmates are "the artists of this generation."

The producer is a part of the group along with Skream and Artwork. When asked who the artists of this generation were, he said: "Us obviously, Skrillex and Mumford & Sons", to which his bandmate Skream added: "What a weird group of people, can you imagine us all in a room together?"

He also said that he has turned his back on dubstep. He continued: "I've been seen to say that dubstep is the music of our generation, but that's now changed. I believe now that certain artists are the future, I don't want to be any part of dubstep anymore."

Skream added: "I think it's safe to say that dubstep's the music of this generation, it's been the fastest genre to become solidified. The only reason dubstep has a bad rep is because it's become a trend."

Meanwhile, Benga opened up about the group's future plans. He said: "We hope to have a single out before this year ends and we've started writing a new album, which will hopefully be out at the start of next year. I'm just predicting. It's got Prince, James Blake, Stevie Wonder, Lenny Kravitz. And then on my solo album I've got Madonna, Aviici, Justin Bieber, Flo Rida."

No comments:

Post a Comment