Google Search

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Story Behind The Name Deadmau5

The Grammy-nominated producer has become a fixture in the international dance music scene, known for speaker-rattling tracks such as "Ghosts N Stuff" and "Strobe." Earlier this year, the DJ explained the origin of his singular name to MTV News as a headliner at this year's Winter Music Conference in Miami.

"Long story short, a mouse went into my computer and died, and I found him in there when I was changing my video card," he said. After news of the incident lit up chat rooms and blogs, "everyone just started calling me 'that dead mouse guy' because of he story, and it just stuck. And the 5 was because I couldn't spell out D-E-A-D-M-O-U-S-E because it was too long to have as a name in the chat room, so I had to trim a character, so I was just like, whatever, and I put a 5 in there and it stuck."

No comments:

Post a Comment